Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Results Are In!!!

Nick and I have had a very stressful couple of weeks, after our ultrasound the doctor called back and said that the baby was missing her nasal bone. So what does that mean?? Well it upped our chances that the baby would have down syndrome so we had to go back in for some genetic testing. the following day Nick lost his job and not only that we lost our health insurance I was freaking out! So today I was finally fed up and called the doctor and the results were in! She has a 1 in 4200 chance of downs and a 1 in 12,000 chance of spina bifida or another wierd chromosone disorder so she is fine! She may not have a nasal bone but they are going to recheck next week I am so relieved and I feel so blessed. Now all we need is for Nick to get a job:)

6 comments:

Julie W. said...

I'll keep praying for both of you and your little girl. I'm so glad to hear the chances are so low. I can imagine how frightening it must all be.

Patrick and Paige said...

THAT IS GOOD NEWS!!!! The odds are in your favor. We will keep our fingers crossed for you guys. LOVE YOU!!!!

Eric said...

Wow, I was shocked the more I kept reading. What horrible news in just a weeks time. When I was pregnant with Chase, I also was told he might have a chromosome disorder. The odds were in my favor, I hope in yours also. Good luck with a job Nick. Crazy the trials that are send our way. I guess it just makes us stronger, right!

Julie Randall said...

Don't worry. Everything will be alright. You are in alot of prayers. Love you lots and miss you more!

ChrisandLindsay said...

Wow crazy! I'm glad your little girl has a very good chance at being okay. I wish Nick good luck in finding a job. I know how stressful it is to try and find work right now. We'll keep you in your prayers!!

Amber said...

Glad to know things are looking good for your baby girl. I have been wondering about that. Good luck with the job search, too. I'm happy to help if you ever need anything.