Friday, July 17, 2009

Here She Is!


Adeyln Olivia Randall was born July 12th 2009 at 12:23pm. She weighed 8lbs 10oz and was 21
inches long. Here's the story... I had had some contractions on Saturday but nothing that was making me to excited so I tried to ignore them. Nick had to work a graveyard shift so I went to bed and was woke up a few times with some strong contractions, Nolan woke up and I went to check on him when I stood up I thought that my water broke so I called the doctor, he told me I could wait four or five hours or come in now. I being all alone called Nick and he told me to go in I called my mom a 2:00am and she came and got me and took me in. On the way to the hospital the contractions were every 4-6 minutes and were starting to hurt. When we got there I was 5cm dilated and the admitted me. I got my epidural and all the contractions stopped. Nick was waiting for his replacement to come so he could leave he was worried that he was going to miss the whole thing but got to the hospital at around 5:00am. They broke my water and still the contractions were too slow so after an hour they gave me a little bit of vitamin P (pitossin) as my nurse called it and things started to take off. The doctor that was on call that night went off shift thank goodness he was the weirdest man I had ever met and I did not want him to deliver my baby. Then my nurse said doctor dreamy would be coming on call I thought she was kidding but he was so dreamy. After about an hour on the pitossin the contractions were coming quick and I went from a 6 to a 10 fast and it was time to push but not before they gave me some more medicine my epidural was completely gone and I was hurting then 12 pushes later out she came! She is absolutely beautiful and looks exactly like her dad and brother. She sleeps pretty good she wakes up to nurse and goes back to sleep. All of our worries from her ultrasounds were put to rest she has a nasal bone and is not down syndrome. We feel so blessed to have her and are excited to see her grow and change.
All of the hospital pictures are coming soon. I forgot to bring the camera so the are being developed today..




4 comments:

Because You Want To Know said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! Heather she is beautiful! She seriously is so adorable. I thought mine was precious. Congrats and I'm so happy to hear she is perfect! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Hey Heather...long time. This is Sarah (Sampson) Lewis your next door neighbor from La Jolla your freshman year (when you lived with Robyn and Allison). Anyway, I found you through Christina. You have a beautiful family. Congrats on your little girl. I have 2 of them and they are so precious...you'll love it!

You can check me out: www.bugandtot.blogspot.com

Patrick and Paige said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATS!! SHE IS SO CUTE!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER!!!

Julie Randall said...

See you in a few days to buy a James Train.